Man I feel really bad for the Tumblr Staff because I bet they aimed for Tumblr to be a cool, suavé, photographic place for artists but in reality it’s made up of hormonal teenagers who obsess over gay fictional characters, and can’t even handle the reblog button turning green to teal
IT IS MINT GREEN
I’VE REBLOGGED THIS TWICE BEFORE REALISING THAT THE STAFF SAID THAT!
This post is dedicated to fashion’s L’Enfant Terrible, the visionary, the most beautiful soul, the one of a kind - Lee Alexander McQueen (RIP)
This dress made of nude silk organza embroidered with silk flowers as well as many fresh roses is one of the most iconic pieces to ever grace a runway - perhaps one of the only instances where art and fashion truly overlap. It was the finale gown of McQueen’s Spring/Summer 2007 show titled ‘Sarabande’, and in his own words he ”used flowers because they die” - this was shown in the most melancholic way as fresh flowers fell from the dress, leaving a trail of dainty destruction on the runway as the somber orchestra played in the background. Picture shot by Sølve Sundsbø for the ‘Savage Beauty’ exhibition via.
”How Lee loved roses… I recall the expression on his face in 2006 when the orchestra played Handel’s ”Sarabande” as the last dress, made entirely of roses and not quite finished, sewn together at the very last minute, left a trail of loose flowers along the catwalk, just a few falling delicately to the ground. It was a miracle.” - Words by Annie Deniau from ‘Love Looks Not With The Eyes’
1. Contrary to popular belief, waking up early isn’t going to drastically alter your life or effect how you’re feeling. So sleep till noon and relish in the way laying in bed all day makes you feel a little more human.
2. Drinking your coffee ‘black’ doesn’t make you cooler or more sophisticated than the rest of us who load in milk and sugar.
3. Being unimpressed by everything makes you look like a twat. Get excited, be overly passionate about something. Enthusiasm is fun.
4. Hating yourself isn’t romantic.
5. Eat whatever you want. your friend’s a vegan? Awesome. Listen to her talk about how great she feels because of it while you tuck in to some chocolate cake. Tell her you feel just as great.
I’ve seen a few fashion posts trying to expand the “Marie Antoinette is not Victorian” rant, but this stuff can get complicated, so here is a semi-comprehensive list so everyone knows exactly when all of these eras were.
Please note that this is very basic and that there are sometimes subcategories (especially in the 17th century, Jacobean, Restoration, etc).
MYTHOLOGY MEME / (1/1) Mythology
NORSE MYTHOLOGY is the body of mythology of the North Germanic people stemming from Norse paganism and continuing after the Christianization of Scandinavia and into the Scandinavian folklore of the modern period. The northernmost extension of Germanic mythology, Norse mythology consists of tales of various deities, beings, and heroes derived from numerous sources from both before and after the pagan period, including medieval manuscripts, archaeological representations, and folk tradition.